Ah, "Plus Size." It's a phrase that we rely on but it often doesn't mean much for actual fit! We test all our styles to see what their real stretch is, because "one size" and "plus size" just don't cut it. For a style to qualify for listing in our Plus Size section, the following stretch requirements need to be met:
- Thigh Highs: must stretch to at least 24 inches in the cuff and body of the sock.
- Over the Knee (OTK socks): should stretch to at least 22 or 23 inches at the cuff.
- Knee Highs: must stretch to at least 17 inches in the calf.
- Tights & Leggings: must stretch at least 40 inches in the hip, and 35 inches at the waist.
- Crews: must stretch to at least 16 inches at the cuff
Our best advice is to try things out, measure your legs, read the sizing tips on the product, drop us a line for advice and keep your expectations as realistic as possible. We strive to provide accurate sizing information for each and every style listed on our website– just scroll down to the “Sizing Tips” section of any product page to see information from our own in-house tests.